Sunday, October 19, 2008

Longhorn 70.3 Pics

See below for a sample of the pics taken by Kris during my first Half Ironman. The entire album can be found at this link: Longhorn Ironman 70.3 Pics

Bodymarking in the dark means that its way too early.



It "dawns" upon me that I have to traverse over 70 miles today. What the hell was I thinking...



I remind myself of the reason I do all this and look up to her for inspiration before the swim. My mom was a swimmer in college so I'm praying that she passed the swimming genes to me.



I'm giving Kris, Mary Lou, and my sister the thumbs up here although I'm panicking because I have no idea how I'm going to run 13.1 miles after biking 56 miles.



This is me at one of my lowest points during the race around mile 6 of the half marathon portion. I would be running shortly after this picture was taken since I realized I was being watched by Kris, Mary Lou, and my sister. I owed it to them for coming out to support so I had to figure out a way to finish the race in one way or another (or die trying!).



The finish of a race is extremely brief and you can miss it in a blink of an eye; however, after 6 hours and 45 minutes of constant movement, I finally get the spiritual moment I've been waiting for. I can't explain it but I really live for this moment. Triathlon has truly become religion.



I'm still overwhelmed with emotions after the finish as I finally let it all out. This is me completely stripped of everything except the emotions inside of me. I never cry, but this sport always manages to give me an iyak moment.



Compare my iyak moment to my boy Kram's moment from the Disneyland Half Marathon. This is what endurance sports does to you, although he was also proposing to Rachelli in the process. Congrats on your first marathon by the way! His amazing story can be found here: Kram runs the city



At last, a smile of relief. Glad to have my medal finally. Another one to hang near my mother's grave.



Special thanks to Kris for these pics and coming out to support. The link below includes some of the amazing pictures he took. Thanks for capturing all of these memories.

Longhorn Ironman 70.3 Pics



Special thanks to my 2 best fans for coming out and supporting me as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

iyak pics at the finish line are the best.